The Board assumes, amongst others, the following responsibilities:-
- Setting strategic aims and managing relevant resources for the Group to achieve its objectives;
- Evaluating and adopting relevant strategic plans and focus on sustainability of the business of the Group ;
- Evaluating, overseeing and managing major business matters of the Group ;
- Evaluating and identifying principal business risk and implementing appropriate systems to manage and mitigate these risks ;
- Evaluating and approving relevant business ventures as well as acquisitions and disposal of assets of the Group ;
- Evaluating and implementing succession plan, including employing and training of relevant key personnel of the Group and reviewing management performance ;
- Evaluating the adequacy and integrity of the Group’s internal control mechanism and management information systems ;
- Evaluating, developing and implementing relevant investor relations programs and shareholders communication policy.
The Group’s Chairman & Managing Director is assigned with the authorities and responsibilities to implement policies as approved by the Board, as well as to oversee the Group’s day-to-day business operations, and to monitor the aspects of good corporate governance, leadership and effectiveness of the Board. Executive Directors are assigned with the responsibilities to oversee the sales & marketing, production and administrative functions of the Group.
The Group’s Independent Directors are assigned with the responsibilities to provide independent views, judgments and advices in order to safeguard the interest of shareholders.
The Board has also set-up Audit Committee, Nominating Committee and Remuneration Committee with clearly defined responsibilities to assist the Board in carrying out its functions and responsibilities effectively .